The Network Time Protocol (NTP) is a networking protocol for clock synchronization between computer systems. You may want to have NTP server in your organization to have a standard timing synchronization across the system and network device.
- Server hostname: centos_srv01
- Server IP Address: 192.168.200.200
1. CentOS can provide this NTP server service using Chrony. It is by default installed on my server and if you cannot find it installed on your system, install it using following command.
2. Edit Chrony configuration file vim /etc/chrony.conf
4. Now let enable Chrony service
5. Allow NTP inbound traffic to the server and reload the firewall
6. Verify NTP
- Host Name: centos_node1
- IP Address: 192.168.200.201
2. Edit the NTP Configuration
3. Configure pool to point to our NTP server address.
4. Enable NTP service
5. Now verify that this node is syncing the timing from our NTP server