|Sysnetadmin – vSphere 6.5 Lab Structure|
In the previous article Introduction to VMWare vSphere 6.5, I’ve talked about new release of VMWare vSphere 6.5 and some of its new features. And from now, I am going to focus on the installation, configuration as well as managing vSphere 6.5 with hand-on lab. Below is the diagram of VMWare vSphere 6.5 structure which I will cover throughout the topics.
As shown above, my lab will be run on VMWare Workstation 12 and all servers for the lab will be created as virtual machines hosted by VMWare Workstation 12.
Suppose the Firewall, Active Directory and DNS servers are already done with configuration to provide service for this lab and I am only going to cover installing, configuring, managing VMWare vSphere ESXi and vCenter Server Appliance and Storage server in this whole lab.
The following is the table of VM Network Adapters and subnets that I will be using.
Sysnetadmin – VM Network Adapter and Subnets
Inside this topic, I am going to deliver the following contents:
- Part 1: Installing and Configuring VMWare vSphere ESXi 6.5 servers
- Part 2: Deploying VMWare vCener Server Appliance (vCSA 6.5)
- Part 3: Adding ESXi Hosts tovCSA
- Part 4: Working with local Datastores
- Part 5: Deploying a VM in using vCenter
- Part 6: Installing VMware Tools
- Part 7: Introduction to vSphere Networking
- Part 8: Creating & Configuring a Virtual Switch
- Part 9: iSCSI Datastore Concepts and Creating iSCSI Datastore
- Part 10: iSCSI Multipath
- Part 11: Creating NFS Datastores
- Part 12: Using VM Templates and Clonning
- Part 13: Exporting VM as OVF
- Part 14: Using Content Libraries
- Part 15: vMotion and Migration of VMs
- Part 16: Using Snapshots
- Part 17: Distributed Switch Concepts
- Part 18: Implement a Distributed Switch
- Part 19: NIC Teaming and Standard vSwitch Policies
- Part 20: Working with Distributed vSwitch
- Part 21: Using DRS
- Part 22: Implementing vSphere High Availability (HA)
- Part 23: Migrating VMKernel to a Distributed vSwitch (vDS)
- Part 24: Using vApp
- Part 25: Storage DRS
- Part 26: Introduction to VM Fault Tolerance (FT)
- Part 27: Adding an LDAP Identity Source and vCenter Permission
- Part 28: Introduction to vSAN
- Part 29: Using ESXi Host Profiles
- Part 30: Using VM Template Customization
All of above topic will be covered in the following posts.